Thursday, August 2, 2007

Generally Pleased

Wedding - Well, the planning of M and D's wedding is going very well. I was a little concerned about the fact that they're family. I wasn't sure this wouldn't turn into one of "those things" that create a lot of tension between family members. But it's been really fun, and we've gotten along very well throughout. And soon they will have a beautiful cerimony and as Dan says they'll be married (which is the most important part).

HP7 - I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows the day after I got it. I basically was a loaf the entire weekend. It was great. I didn't think I was ready for the series to end, but Rowling did a beautiful job of tying up loose ends and when it was all over I felt like it was okay that there wouldn't be any more books. Although, I do believe she could continue the series, albeit with a different group of people, should choose to in the future. And if she does, I'll be very happy to read. That's all I'll say about that as I know that some reading this may not have read the book yet and I'd hate to give anything away.

Moving - It looks like we're moving again. I hate moving, but this time it's exciting because we've finally bought a place. Not a house, we couldn't afford that here in Chicagoland, but it's a nice little condo. A good starter for us. If all goes well, we close on Sept. 7th.

New family member - we are expecting a little niece or nephew in February. We're very happy for Joel's sister and her husband and look forward to meeting this new little one.

That's all for now. Sorry about the list.

No comments: